Work Study

The Federal Work-Study Program (FWS) provides funding for jobs for undergraduate students with financial need in order to assist them to earn money to help pay for educational expenses.

  • Work-study jobs on campus are not guaranteed
  • If you have received work-study in your aid package, you will have to apply for the job and be hired in order to receive your work-study wage.
  • Wages are based on the type of work you do and the skills required.
  • There are FWS jobs on campus and off-campus.
  • You cannot earn more than the amount awarded to you in your financial aid package.
  • Work-study funds are paid out to you in the form of paychecks for work you have performed.

Apply for a Job

It is important to secure student employment if you wish to secure work-study funds. Please go online to ADP Workforce Now at the beginning of each term to find out about the availability of Federal Work-Study jobs and other jobs on campus. You will need to fill out a standard student employment application and may be required to submit other documents, such as a resume. Campus supervisors then decide who to interview and hire.

For more information, or assistance in applying for jobs, visit the Office of Retention, Advising Career Preparation, located in Clarence T.C. Ching Hall, room 252.