Office of Native Hawaiian Partnerships Award
As a Native Hawaiian-serving institution, we are proud to offer scholarships to new first-year students of Native Hawaiian ancestry. The Office of Native Hawaiian Partnerships Award is renewable for a maximum of four years of attendance, provided the student remains in good academic standing and completes continuing eligibility requirements.
- New, incoming first-year students.
- Students of Hawaiian descent who are U.S. citizens, residing in Hawai’i, the U.S. continent, or U.S. Territories.
- Accepted to Chaminade as a full time day undergraduate student.
- Academic Requirements:
- Minimum cumulative GPA: 3.00
- Test Scores (SAT or ACT accepted)
- SAT administered after March 2016 (Evidence Based Reading and Writing + Math): 1000
- SAT administered prior to March 2016 (Critical Reading + Math): 920
- Cumulative ACT: 19
- Complete twenty (20) hours of community service each semester. Prior approval by the Office of Native Hawaiian Partnerships is required for all community service activities.
- Completed Application Form
- Resume: The student must provide a standard, minimum one-page resume. Include academic accomplishments, leadership experiences and community service activities.
- Academic Letter of Recommendation (on institutional letterhead): The letter must come from someone who can discuss the student’s academic, leadership and/or community service accomplishments, and must be mailed directly to the Office of Native Hawaiian Partnerships.
Application Form and Priority Deadline
The priority application deadline is January 1.
It is highly encouraged that students apply within the priority deadline for optimal consideration. Only complete applications will be eligible for review. Please view the application requirements above.
Note: Applications will be accepted until July 1, provided funds are available.